Chin Filler: Surgical Results with No Downtime
Add shape and definition to your chin easily with dermal fillers!
By: CK, APRN
Feel like your selfies don’t look right without the perfect angle? Well, your chin is one of the focal points that define your face and your chin might be off balancing your facial features. Dermal fillers can help add definition and shape to your chin while enhancing your profile without any of the downtime of surgery.
How will chin filler help improve your profile?
As we age, the skull rotates and the chin moves backwards, reducing the structural support in the lower face. Dermal fillers are cosmetic injections that can create definition, help re-volumize, and even restore areas of the face non-surgically. Every client is thoroughly assessed and the provider will discuss client concerns as well as the client’s anatomy and how chin filler could improve their self-confidence.
- Weak or recessive chin: filler can help build projection. When considering the aesthetics of a chin, the projection of the chin should be roughly 3mm posterior to a line down the nose-lip-chin plane.
- Length of the chin: the ideal length of the chin can be measured in thirds (1/3 is forehead, 1/3 is nose to upper lip, and the last 1/3 is lips and chin). The length of the chin can be increased with the use of dermal fillers.
- Pointy or narrow chin: dermal fillers can be used to round the chin.
- Asymmetrical chin: when the chin is uneven, has areas of hollowness or dimples, filler can be used to even out the area and give it more symmetry.
- Double chin or pre-jowl: chin filler can help decrease the appearance of a double chin and/or jowls by creating definition between the jawline and neck.
How does it work?
The non-surgical chin augmentation treatment is relatively quick and minimally invasive. A dense hyaluronic filler is used to achieve your desired results whether it’s volume, length, or correction. Few to multiple injections will gently be inserted directly into the chin and placed deep on the bone. Ice is used as an analgesic and minimal pain is to be expected.
What should I expect after chin filler?
Following chin filler, be advised not to touch, massage, or apply too much pressure to the area. The chin needs time to heal; to allow the swelling to subside and to let the filler settle. Too much pressure to the area could displace the filler. Ice can be used for any discomfort post treatment and help decrease the swelling after treatment. Mild bruising is to be expected but should subside in about three to four days. It takes up to two full weeks for the filler to completely settle and on average, the filler should last approximately 12-18 months.